- What is Radon
- How does it get in my House
- Why is it bad
- Radon Resistant New Construction(RRNC)
- Minnesota Radon Awareness Act
- Radon testing
- How to interpret test results
- Realtor Specific Info
- Things to look for in radon testing.
- Things to look for in mitigation systems.
Myths And Facts
Who performed the test?
Are they certified? (check the MN Dept. of Health)
Are they trained to interpret the results?
What type of test did they do?
Continuous radon monitor
Charcoal Packets (not approved of method for real estate transactions)
What area was tested?
Should be in the lowest livable space.
Not in a bathroom or Laundry Room.
Away from return and feed vents?
How are the results shared?
How will the results be used?
What level will trigger a mitigation (usually < 4.0 pCi/l)?
How was the weather?
Weather can sku the results.
Was there closed house conditions?
Were all windows and doors kept closed.
Was everything closed up 12 hours before the test began.